Lock washer A washer that prevents loose bolts. The working principle of the lock washer is very simple. It consists of two washers. The outer side has a radial ridge surface and the inner side is a slanted tooth surface. When assembled, the inner oblique tooth faces are opposite each other, and the outer radial ridge surface is in a meshing state with the contact faces at both ends. When the connecting member is subjected to vibration and the bolt is loosened, only the inner side of the two washers is allowed to be opposed to each other. Displacement, resulting in lifting tension, thus achieving 100% locking.
Locking washer installation process
1. Simply place the inner diagonal bevel faces of the two spacers between the nut and the connecting material;
2. After the nut is tightened, the radial embossed surface on the outer side of the anti-loose washer is in a occlusal state with the contact surfaces at both ends, and the angle of the slope of the inner side of the washer is larger than the thread angle of the bolt;
3. When the bolt is elongated due to mechanical vibration, the nut will rotate loosely. Since the outer radial ridge surface friction of the lock washer is greater than the friction between the inner flank surfaces. In this state, only the relative misalignment between the inner oblique tooth faces is allowed, and then a certain lifting tension is generated;
4. When the bolt is retracted, the beveled surface of the washer will return the nut to its original position. Thereby achieving 100% anti-loosening and tightening effect;
5. The gasket is suitable for relatively flat and smooth surfaces;
6. If the connecting material is a non-metallic material, a metal plate can be fixed on the connecting material, so that the lock washer can be used;
7. No need to use a torque wrench when installing the lock washer;
8. Use pneumatic tools when installing or removing the lock washer.