Glass fiber is an inorganic non-metallic material with excellent properties. The original English name is: glass fiber. It is made of glass ball or waste glass as high-temperature melting, drawing, winding, weaving and other processes. Finally, various types of products are formed. The diameter of the glass fiber monofilament ranges from a few micrometers to twenty micrometers, which is equivalent to 1 / 20-1 / 5 of a hair strand. Each bundle of fiber strands has hundreds or even It consists of thousands of monofilaments, which are commonly used as reinforcing materials in composite materials, electrical insulating materials and thermal insulation materials, circuit boards, etc., and are widely used in various fields of the national economy. Characteristics of glass fiber: The concept of glass is generally hard and fragile, and it is not suitable as a structural material. However, if it is drawn into a wire, its strength is greatly increased and it is soft, so it can finally become a shape with the resin. Excellent structural materials. The glass fiber increases in strength as its diameter becomes smaller. As a reinforcing material, glass fiber has the following characteristics. These characteristics make the use of glass fiber much wider than other kinds of fibers, and the development speed is far ahead.
(1) High tensile strength and small elongation (3%).
(2) High modulus of elasticity and good rigidity.
(3) The elongation within the elastic limit is large and the tensile strength is high, so the absorption shock energy is large.
(4) It is an inorganic fiber, which is incombustible and chemically resistant.
(5) The water absorption is small.
(6) Scale stability and heat resistance are good.
(7) It has good processability and can be used as a product of different forms such as strands, bundles, felts and weaving.
(8) Transparent and transparent to light.
(9) The development of a surface treatment agent excellent in adhesion to a resin is completed.
(10) The price is cheap. A fibrous (or filamentous) material made of glass fiber molten glass through a certain molding process.